Monday, August 24, 2009

I support equality

Yesterday was National Go Topless day?  I had not heard of this but there is an organization "claiming that women have the same constitutional right to be bare chested in public places as men."  NYC has already taken heed to this message and in 1992 ruled that women have the right to be topless in public.  While probably both fortunately and unfortunately, I have not had the privilege of seeing anyone 'enjoying' this right while walking the streets.  However, yesterday there was an organized topless parade through Manhattan and six other US cities fighting for the right.  The primary stipulation I saw was "no need for alcohol or drugs...40 years later, women can enjoy their body in a natural state of mind..."

To show I can't make this up - http://www.gotopless.org

ar

No comments:

Post a Comment