After the last two experiments in cooking pork were making barbecue and carnitas, I decided to respect the flavor of the pork and make a tasty sauce to accompany it. We are fans of horseradish so I thought it would be a natural pairing.
1 lb Pork tenderloin
2 tb of butter
4 green onions, minced
1/2 c mushrooms, chopped
1 1/4 c light cream
2 ts lemon juice
2 ts horseradish
2 tb sour cream
2 tb fresh parsley, minced
1. Sauted tenderloin in large skillet with butter for 2 to 3 minutes on each side
2. Moved tenderloin to dish and cover with foil
3. Sauté green onions and mushrooms till soft
4. Add cream, lemon juice, and any pork juices accumulated on the platter. Simmer until thickened.
5. Stir in sour cream, horseradish, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
While I am a big fan of the carnitas and barbecue I've made, this was quite tasty.