Friday, September 11, 2009

The trumpets are sounding

In our quest to try new restaurants, I went on Restaurants.com to find deals; this way, if they wind up sucking we won't have to pay an arm and a leg.  As I went through the list on an 80% off day, I checked reviews for one's that sounded interesting.  Similar to the way I pick out most wines based on the label, I tend to pick restaurants based on the name.  The Elephant stood out to me because of my brother and sister's recent African Safari.  The reviews were good so I decided to add it to the cart so we could check it out.  
-
Success!  It was awesome and will definitely become a great staple in our restaurant list.  

The Elephant considers itself a French-Thai restaurant (not a fusion) with options from both cuisines. The restaurant is definitely more of a social scene and one you should not go to unless you want to speak with the people next you, listen to some good music, and be in a fun atmosphere.  Through conversations with the Australian women, next to us Paige found her current favorite drink - Lychee Martini.  The women had enjoyed quite a few, and after insisting Paige try theirs she was hooked and ordered one for herself.  
-
Now for the food - Again after seeing another neighbor's Shrimp Dumplings (pictured below) we promptly ordered those to start and were very happy we did.  For our entrees Paige ordered the special which was a Hanger Steak and I got a half order of Green Chicken Curry which was more than enough. Both were major successes as everything tasted extremely fresh and the sauces were perfect.
  
The Elephant's bar showing the eclectic decor of the restaurant (photo taken by: Youngna Park for NY Magazine)
ar

No comments:

Post a Comment