Thursday, July 30, 2009

WEST SIDE till I die!

This morning I went on another run along the West Side Highway just a couple avenues from our house that runs along the Hudson. There is an area designated for people biking and roller blading and an area for runners and walkers (pictured left). However, runners mostly use the path for biking as I did so you don't have to avoid the walkers in your way. I find running along the water with others exercising around you both much more enjoyable and challenging. Being amongst other people provides a natural urge to push yourself and the scenery is much better than that found on a gym treadmill.

A few interesting sights along my run today...













An intimidating and freakish 5-6 foot rubber ducky -

A cool gargoyle statute amongst the flowers -

ar

No comments:

Post a Comment