Friday, July 24, 2009

coin laundry


Today I did our laundry here for the first time in this apartment. Like many places in New York we do not have a washer and dryer in our place so we have to go down the street. The plus side is that I was able to write some blog updates while waiting on laundry to finish. I didn't have an internet connection so being productive in other ways wasn't an option. It is a great opportunity to people watch and see who lives in your neighborhood.

Most interesting person there this morning was a homeless lady doing laundry. I guess I assumed laundry was something they didn't do. Although, they have to wear something while they are washing their clothes and she opted for an outfit that was so incredbily drenched in urine I felt I was going to have to rewash my clothes. But cheers to her for making an effort to stay clean.

ar

No comments:

Post a Comment