Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Freeman's


I had dinner with David last night at Freeman's, which is a new restaurant sandwiched between the Lower East Side and NoLita. The restaurant brought life to an unused Freeman Alley off the Bowery and appears to be home to a mixed clientele comprising of hipsters and socialites. Oddly David saw, just prior to me arriving, Leslie Fram (a former 99x DJ) finishing up her meal.

Our meals were pretty good, with the highlight being an incredible Hot Artichoke Dip appetizer. It was extremely tasty. Also, David introduced me to what might become a great desire this year - Dry Rosé Vino. We shared a bottle of 2007 Country Line Rosé from Anderson Valley and I may be hooked. It was perfect for such a warm night.

The primary reason I'm blogging about this dinner however, is that it is another reminder that I live in New York City. David was in town for work and we met for dinner because I live here. It hasn't sunk in yet.

ar

No comments:

Post a Comment